The A40 Farina Club was founded by Cynthia Hiller in the autumn of 1979 to assist owners of the models to keep their cars on the road. although the Club also warmly welcomes non-owners as well.
We have over 420 members, mainly in the UK, but others are scattered around the world.
Annual subscription is only £17.50.
There is a one-off initial fee of £10.00 that goes towards funding our spares service and for re-joining/lapsed members.
Technical advice is always available, spares are advertised in the quarterly magazine Farina News and our spares co-ordinator helps Club members source parts and panels while our car sales co-ordinator acts as intermediary between those selling an A40 and those wishing to buy one. New repair panels and sills are currently being produced.
Although there are quite a few concours vehicles and some specially prepared, very quick racing/rallying cars, the majority are “everyday cars” and indeed any A40 in any condition is always warmly welcomed into the Club.
The introduction of the first A40 Farina model debuted in 1958. The production of the model was discontinued in 1967 and throughout those years, an approx number of 340,000 were built. The designer, Pinin Farina, was one of the pioneers that introduced the unique hatchback style. The Italian style body of the car was one of the first to be mass-produced at that time and its style inspired many cars after it.
The A40 has been produced under licence by Innocenti in Italy and has seen two different versions: Berlina(saloon) & Combinata (countryman). It has been assembled from CKD kits in different countries, such as New Zealand, Australia, Mexico and South Africa, to name a few. In different parts of the word, such as Sweden and Norway, the A40 was known under the name of A40 Futura.
The A40 shared a lot of its mechanical components with its early siblings, the A30/35, and even the later Austin 1100/1300 borrows from the same mechanical structure. A 948cc A-series engines supported both the MKI and the MKII. The later MKII models were then changed to be powered by a 1098cc engine.
The dedicated A40 Farina Club remained active in the pursuit of giving the car the recognition it deserves and encouraging its continuation in the history of the British Motor Cars.